Member Engagement Director
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Member Engagement Director will oversee the day-to-day operations of Member Services and Child Watch at the Worthington Area YMCA by ensuring a welcoming environment for all and positive youth development interactions for children and families.
OUR CULTURE: Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field recommended
• Minimum two years in a customer service field a plus
• Knowledge and experience working with children and families
• Supervisory and bookkeeping experience a plus
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community while articulating the YMCA's purpose and mission and demonstrating the YMCA's character values
• Excellent cash handling skills
• Excellent human relation skills and an ability to maintain positive communication with staff and members
• Ability to address and make solid decisions in emergency situations
• High level of confidentiality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including telephone etiquette
• CPR/First Aid Certification within 6 months
EQUIPMENT & APPLICATIONS:
• Microsoft Office
• Member Services Desk software (Daxko)
• Multiple Phone Lines
• Copy machine & fax machine
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to stand, walk, sit use hands to manipulate objects, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear and see.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
AAP/EEO Statement: The Worthington YMCA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment with regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Y complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.