Pre-press Imaging Specialist
Pre-press Imaging Specialist
The pre-press imaging specialist is responsible for pagination and proofing files before releasing to CTP (computer-to-plate) imaging for plate production. Tasks include ensuring proper imaging, platemaking and pagination is completed accurately and on time. On occasion, this position works in pre-press operating CTP imaging equipment producing plates in support of press operations. This position works closely with managers in pre-press, ad production, news, IT, press/packaging and distribution to insure the timely production of our print products. Provide technical assistance to our commercial print partners.
• Approve/produce plates for our daily, newspapers in addition to multiple commercial print jobs.
• Evaluate the workload process and prioritize work/make changes to ensure that production deadlines are met.
• Pagination of the daily paper for advertising, newsroom, classified and Obits of multiple daily publications including, but not limited to, The Waco Tribune and Bryan Eagle to ensure the classified and legal advertising for each product is reproduced accurately and sent to press on time.
• Perform basic troubleshooting as needed.
• Use proper techniques and quality control procedures to ensure the best possible plate quality for the offset print reproduction.
• Responsible for loading plates in to imaging equipment and ensuring plate line is ready for next shift.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
• Knowledge of Mac/PC operating systems
• Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a production/printing environment
• Able to work Monday – Friday 8 – 5 pm and at times cover vacations at night
• Graphic design experience and/or flexibility to training new skills (+ plus)
• Must be a team player
• Must be punctual and dependable (it's a deadline-driven environment)
• Must be self-motivated
• Highly organized with ability to handled multiple projects at once
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Sense of urgency to meet deadlines; ability to function clearly in a deadline driven environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Asura, Newsway and or Arkitex
• An Associate's degree in a related field
• Ability to evaluate color and grayscale balance
• Demonstrated capability to paginate sections in a timely and accurate manner and troubleshoot when the need arises
•Working knowledge/ability to learn CTP operations including the cleaning and calibration of CTP imagers preferred
•Good to excellent proofing skills
Physical Requirements, Work Environment and Travel:
This is a technical production position. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs on occasion and work around state-of-the-art imaging and processing equipment. Work space is an air conditioned clean environment with moderate equipment noise level not requiring hearing protection.
The Eagle subsidiary of Lee Enterprises, is an equal-opportunity, drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Commensurate to experience
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
Lee Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates must pass a post offer drug screen, driving record check, and background check.