Social Media and Public Relations Program Manager
Are you looking to work for a company consistently rated as a Best Place to Work?
Explore why our Good Vibes culture drives our credit union mantra, People Helping People!
Our Marketing team in Latham, NY is hiring.
Must have reliable transportation to travel to any of our branches and attend offsite marketing events as needed.
Upon completion of training, this position is eligible to work remote/hybrid, up to two days per week.
The primary purpose of this position is to strategize, conceptualize and develop timely, relevant Credit Union marketing messages.
- Manage social media marketing strategy, campaigns and day to day activities:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target audience.
- Create, curate, and manage all published social media content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a social way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Manage efforts in growing and monitoring online reviews via social media channels and responding as appropriate.
- Oversee social media design elements (i.e.: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns.
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Serve as the editor in chief for the Sunmark 360 blog and related newsletter. Develop an editorial calendar that aligns content with overall marketing initiatives. Create and curate relevant news that reflects the mission of the publication, ensuring a mix of educational and promotional items. Review metrics to monitor engagement levels.
- Manage public relations function for Sunmark, including media inquiries and press releases. Look for opportunities to showcase Sunmark as an expert and industry credit union leader nationally and locally.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate contacts within the business and media.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations.
- Represent Sunmark at local and industry events with the intent of developing social media content.
- Demonstrate the ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Capture stories and news through photography and videography that supports the Sunmark brand and our lines of business.
- Foster relationships with business lines throughout the Credit Union, helping to define and implement creative marketing strategies to support their goals.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Degree within Marketing, Journalism or related field is preferred with a minimum three years of marketing or applicable experience. Will consider relevant marketing experience if no degree.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in public relations.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples)
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the company’s field.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining relationships, online and off.
- Practices superior time management.
Sunmark Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.