Multimedia Account Manager
Multimedia Account Manager
Are you great at customer service & sales?
Do you love helping businesses grow and succeed?
Do you enjoy working in a great team environment, but also like to work on your own?
Then we have a great opportunity for you!
The Steamboat Pilot & Today is looking for a Multimedia Account Manager. The primary role of the Multimedia Account Manager is to provide marketing solutions to current and prospective advertising clients. This position plays a vital role in our community and our company. You will be an ambassador for businesses to help them learn about local and mainstream marketing platforms, advise clients on the best use of their marketing budget, and work with them to grow their business.
The Steamboat Pilot & Today is not just a newspaper anymore! Our free, full color daily newspaper does have everything you need to know about our community. We have an e-edition if you like to flip pages online, and we also operate Steamboat’s #1 website steamboatpilot.com. What's more, our sales team is a full-service digital marketing agency, meaning we help our local businesses improve online search results, grow their email database, develop e-commerce, target audiences by behaviors and demos via programmatic display and streaming TV, develop custom content for blogs and social media, and so much more! You'll also be able to offer clients and prospects our beautiful magazine portfolio including Homefinder, Best of the Boat, Explore Steamboat Dining Guide, Colorado Hunter and so much more! We're a part of the Swift Communications family and can work with advertisers of all kinds in our sister publications in Aspen, Vail, Summit, Winter Park, Glenwood and Park City, UT. There is unlimited opportunity in this role!
The Steamboat Pilot & Today Sales Team works hard and plays hard. If you are an upbeat, motivated individual who thrives under deadline and every day is different, this could be the job for you. If you like to be 'in-the-know' and engage in all that Steamboat has to offer, there's no better place to work than the Pilot & Today!
- Grow existing account list, develop new leads and uncover new business potential through networking, attending community events, and communicating frequently with clients to positively influence high level decision makers.
- Work to grow and advance your pipeline of new business, which should include both new and upsell opportunities for the Pilot.
- Identify Key customer targets and sales objectives to increase territory sales, volume and profit.
- Maintain relationships and grow partnerships with existing Key Accounts.
- Prepare sales call objectives in advance, anticipate likely objections; understand motivations and establish a relationship as a trusted advisor.
- Use client needs analysis to listen to and learn about your customers. Use what you learn to develop and present custom marketing solutions considering trends and changing market conditions.
- Present logical and well-organized arguments, presentations, data, and concrete business examples to clients and prospects.
- Become a true expert of our niche Steamboat market, unique marketing solutions and services that provide the most value here, and differentiate what we offer versus our competitors.
- Collaborate with Sales Team (peers), Account Management, Marketing, and Creative Services to identify and maximize sales opportunities.
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales targets.
- Process ad orders and adhere to deadlines.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Experience / Qualifications:
- College degree or equivalent sales experience preferred, but if you are great at customer service, sales and/or marketing please apply!
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising solutions, including print, mobile, and digital preferred, but we can teach this if you are the right fit!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Base + bonus $55-70K (based on experienced) at 100% of goal.
- Benefits package includes medical, dental, and 401K.