Retail Advertising Assistant
REPORTS TO: Advertising Director
Full Time, Non-exempt
This position provides administrative and customer service support to the advertising team and directly interfaces with key advertising customers at the Park Record and Swift Digital. This position is integral to the success of the advertising team and must be able to prioritize multiple tasks while managing diverse personalities.
- Top-notch customer service skills.
- Works for team success.
- Embraces new ideas.
- Does not settle for mediocrity.
- Helps create a positive work environment by helping others and treating co-workers with respect.
- Able to enter and modify print and digital ad orders, train sellers.
- Responsible for entering and updating client information in key databases.
- Enter and schedule preprints with distribution center and circulation manager.
- Confirm legal advertisements ran as scheduled and send proof of publication(s) as necessary.
- Answer phone calls and emails and connect clients with the appropriate staff member; assist clients with questions concerning billing, complaints, as well as general inquiries.
- Organize and prioritize workflow to meet team goals and deadlines, track deadline progress through production process.
- Manage day-to-day transactional business including: confirming orders, order entry, billing questions and general customer service while adhering to all deadlines for advertising placement and changes.
- Point person for collecting regular account information and reports needed from account managers.
- Maintain and manage digital, print and niche advertising placement boards/spreadsheets.
- Schedule and maintain outbound emails to clients (B2B) and readers (B2C).
- Assist in other sales and customer service transactions when necessary as back- up support.
- Accounts Receivable responsibilities including: pre-billing adjustments, post-billing adjustments and manual rating adjustments as necessary; processing and depositing payments; creating invoices; assist in payment collections as necessary; communication with finance department.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including excellent grammar.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) and Google Workspace (Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Documents).
- Able to work independently and set priorities from multiple account managers.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Exceptional organization skills with ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact positively with all employees.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Minimum of 1 year A/R or A/P experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Compensation Range = $16 - $21 per hour