Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager
With our home offices located in historic Ybor City (Tampa) Florida, J.C. Newman Cigar Co. and Arturo Fuente Cigar Co. are two of the oldest cigar manufacturers in the industry. As long-time partners, we are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager to support both companies equally and cover the Mid-Atlantic region, including Maryland, Delaware, Washington D.C, Greater Philadelphia, Southern New Jersey, and Northern Virginia. This position is responsible for selling to, servicing, and supporting licensed cigar retailers in the region.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Build and maintain client base within the territory by providing sales and service support to new and existing customers.
- Meet and exceed sales targets; achieve maximum sales in the territory.
- Schedule regular sales calls to existing customers within the region.
- Prospect for new opportunities within the region.
- Coordinate and manage special sales and promotional marketing events.
- Attend trade shows and sales meetings.
- Complete sales reports, territory analysis and other reporting as needed.
- Keep up to date with industry trends.
- Provide exemplary customer service and work with a sense of purpose.
- Ensure customer service satisfaction and good client relationships.
- Act as a brand ambassador and properly place allocated product.
- Four year degree (preferred)
- Proven success in selling business-to-business product(s).
- Minimum 5 years related sales experience.
- Prior experience selling consumable lifestyle products such as cigars or spirits in a retail environment.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook experience and a comfort level with both iPhone and iPad technology.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and possess excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic with a successful work history.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as some night and weekend work is required.
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time throughout the region in addition to trade shows and sales meetings requiring overnight stays in most instances.
- Must have a U.S. Passport or be able to obtain one.
- Must have an unrestricted driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to work with, communicate and develop positive relationships with other employees in sales, customer service, marketing, credit/collections, accounting, human resources, and other departments in the company.
Since this position will be working with tobacconists and cigar retailers, possessing an entry level knowledge of cigars, whether as a consumer or in a professional capacity would be an advantage. This position will require an individual to be in a smoking environment.
J.C. Newman Cigar Co. offers a competitive benefits package which includes major medical, vision and dental insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, company-paid life and short-term disability insurance, company-sponsored long-term disability, additional life insurance and healthcare insurance policies, vacation, and personal time.
To be considered for this position and the opportunity to join the most elite cigar manufacturers in the industry, please forward a copy of your resume to our Human Resource Department at email@example.com. Please feel free to visit our website at https://www.jcnewman.com/careers to complete an application online.
At J.C. Newman Cigar Company we hold a belief that diversity and inclusion is an essential part of our success over the last 127 years. We have a diverse and inclusive team of dedicated people and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and comply with all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination of any kind. We are a drug free workplace and conduct pre-employment drug screening.