Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a Product Manager, you will play a role to advance Intelsat’s strategy for the commercial aviation marketplace. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to define and deliver leading products that create value for airlines, their passengers, and key third-party relationships.
The Product Manager acts within an Agile framework to drive key elements of a market-driven, outcome-based product roadmap that aligns with Intelsat’s strategic vision. In this role, you will have opportunities to take ideas from initial business case hypothesis through to use case and requirements definition, development, deployment, and validation in the market. Notably, the successful candidate should be comfortable with close oversight over Agile development teams as an Agile Product Manager, interpreting requirements, driving priorities, and articulating progress and outcomes to a wide stakeholder group including senior leadership.
Throughout this workflow, you will collaborate closely with other Product Managers, Product Owners, UX Designers, Software Development, Systems Engineering/Architecture, Quality Assurance, Network Operations, and other key stakeholders. You will serve as the voice of the customer to the Agile development team and the organization as a whole.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Solve problems that matter to millions of passengers.
- Promote continuous improvement within Agile teams and the broader organization.
- Be able to articulate the value and outcome of the work being delivered.
- Communicate with key work partners in product, systems engineering, and development to ensure successful completion of team deliverables.
- Participate in Lean Product Management and Agile rituals.
- Vertically slice epics into features and assist teams with breaking down features into user stories so that the team can deliver value incrementally.
- Prior to the Program Increment planning event, assist with reviewing and refining the Program Backlog as well as reviewing and contributing to the overall product vision and roadmap.
- During the Program Increment planning event, be involved with story definition, providing the clarifications necessary to assist the development team(s) with their story estimates and sequencing, guiding the team on defining their PI objectives, driving commitment on external dependencies, and representing the team plan, commitments, and risks at readouts and management review.
- During Program Increment execution, in your capacity as a Product Manager:
- Lead grooming sessions to help the team to break down and estimate work and provide business value context. At sprint planning sessions, present priorities, answer questions and clarify requirements. In general, help the team mitigate impediments that might impact the team’s ability to meet sprint goals and PI objectives.
- Work with the team to agree on accepted story and feature completion. This includes validating that the stories meet the feature acceptance criteria, ensuring the appropriate level of automated testing has been created, and that the feature achieves the Definition of Done (DoD).
- Collaborate with their team and any other stakeholders to conduct the team sprint demo.
- Use tools like Kanban and Scrum boards to ensure the team is on the same page with goals and priorities.
- Partner in conjunction with the dev lead and Scrum Master to review team metrics and conduct sprint retrospectives to identify improvement stories that will increase the team’s velocity and predictability.
- Contribute to the Program Backlog by partnering with other Product Managers for development of an epic, definition of features, and contributing to the organization’s vision and roadmap.
You should definitely have:
- Four-year college degree in engineering, business, or a related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience such as software development, quality assurance, business analysis, technical sales/solutions, technical customer support or pre-sales engineering but must include 2+ years in Product Management and/or Product Ownership.
- Demonstrated ability or experience with defining requirements in structured frameworks
- Structured work ethic and excellent organizational skills including ability to leverage strategy and collaboration tools like Jira, Miro, JAMA, Kanban boards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire internal and external stakeholders, up through executive leadership.
- Strong interest and capacity to identify and address market needs through a continually evolving understanding of industry trends and journeys for key personas (passenger, crew, airline, sponsor, content provider, etc.).
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with wireless access point communication, networking or telecommunications.
- Experience or exposure to airline industry, especially Inflight Connectivity and Entertainment (IFEC) adjacencies.
- Exposure (academic or experiential) to software development / product management tactics such as Behavior Driven Development, Test Driven Development and Product Needs Analysis.
- Formal training or certifications in Lean Product Management and/or Agile practices, such as SAFe for Teams or Leading SAFe.
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- We offer a flexible, hybrid work environment of 3 days in office
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.