Customer Relationship Specialist
The Herald and News advertising department has a full-time opening. This is a fun job with a great deal of flexibility.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Working with non-profit organizations in the Klamath Basin to place their print and digital advertisements in the Herald and News.
- Meeting face-to-face and by phone with existing and prospective customers in the Klamath area to determine their advertising needs and to propose print and digital ad campaigns that will help these customers achieve their business goals.
- Scheduling advertising to run in the paper and digitally using a computer program.
- Position starts at $30,000 per year with the opportunity to earn more based on actual sales.
- The ideal candidate will genuinely like people, have good written and verbal communication skills, be a good listener, and be interested in and willing to learn about marketing and advertising, both in print and digital formats. A reliable vehicle with insurance and a good driving record are necessary.
- Prior sales or customer service experience is helpful, but not necessary if you have an outgoing personality and are sincere and open in your communication.
The Herald and News offers health and PTO benefits, a 401K plan, and gas mileage reimbursement. Serving the Klamath Basin for more than 100 years, the Herald and News is the premier source of information in Klamath, Lake, Siskiyou and Modoc Counties. Delivering the facts with a personal touch, the Herald and News is “Empowering the Community” with every page. The size of our geographical coverage area is second only to The Oregonian in size and readership. The Herald and News is also read more in the Klamath Basin than any other out of area paper in the state.
The Herald and News is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply now with your resume and cover letter!