Outlet - Cashier (Vancouver - WA)
GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF THE COLUMBIA WILLAMETTE
TITLE: Outlet - Cashier
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Outlet Supervisory Staff
DEPARTMENT: Operations - Outlet
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- 403b Retirement
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Provide excellent customer service by acknowledging, assisting and thanking customers.
- Perform register tasks including verifying funds, accurately counting down register, maintaining cleanliness and stocking register areas.
- Accurately perform all register operations in compliance with GICW over and short policy.
- Collect payments, make change and provide receipts.
- Maintain store appearance to GICW standards including sales floor and parking lot.
- Accurately and efficiently follow GICW merchandising standards. i.e.: product placement and stock rotation.
- Follow proper phone etiquette and use paging system.
- Follow all GICW loss prevention procedures.
- Perform miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
- Rotate merchandise tables and move furniture.
- Erase data from donated computers according to established procedure.
- Scan and sort donated books.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work facility operating hours.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Must successfully complete GICW’s Cashier Certification class.
- Must maintain consistent, predictable and satisfactory attendance and punctuality as scheduled.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
- Must not present a significant current risk of substantial harm to self or others in the performance of the essential duties of the job that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation.
- Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in the United States of America.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must meet GICW quantitative and qualitative performance standards.
- Works indoors in either a warehouse or store setting. Environment is heated or may be air conditioned, and may include exposure to dust.
- Long periods of mobility and moving merchandise.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Cashiers are responsible for maintaining excellent customer service, cash register operations, sales floor functions, and safeguarding company assets in an accurate and efficient manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to adhere to all GICW's policies and procedures, CARF standards, Kaizen guidelines, safety and security regulations.
- No record or disclosure of criminal conviction that indicates a tendency toward theft, violence, dishonesty, deceit, drug manufacture or sale, moral turpitude, or predatory behavior or is otherwise in conflict with the functions listed on this job description. This may include passing a state-mandated, federally-conducted criminal background check.
- Must pass a drug screening test and background check.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
- Some tasks may require use of personal protective equipment.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification – Medium.