Assistant Retail Store Manager
GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF THE COLUMBIA WILLAMETTE
- TITLE: Assistant Retail Store Manager
- IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Store Manager
- DEPARTMENT: Operations
- EEO#: 2
- DIVISION: All
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- 403b Retirement
GENERAL SUMMARY: Works in all areas of the retail store under the supervision of the Store Manager and District Manager. Works in conjunction with Store Manager to maximize collections, production, sales, salvage and customer service. Assistant Managers are vested with the trust of the organization to represent the highest standards of behavior and job performance. As such, Assistant Managers are expected to conduct themselves with honesty and integrity, ensuring that all business activities are transparent and ethical.
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to adhere to GICW’s rules, policies, safety procedures, CARF and Kaizen philosophy.
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Direct the activities of store personnel, ensuring that all sales transactions are rung up and reported accurately and ensure that donated goods are processed in accordance with standards.
- Resolve customer issues in accordance with GICW policies and standards in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Support open door policy in accordance with GICW policy.
- Maintain positive and professional relationship with all employees.
- Attend all mandatory classes in Store Manager Development and Training program and ongoing training classes as offered.
- Ensure the proper management of program participants assigned to the store.
- Identify, train and develop to ensure proper succession planning for entire store operations.
- Effectively manage to ensure proper adherence by store staff to policies and procedures.
- Assist in management of proper processing and separation of incoming donations, outlet merchandise, salvage goods and waste.
- Maintain all controllable expenses at or below budgeted levels.
- Maintain all store records including but not limited to production, financials and human resources in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that the assigned store maximizes used goods processing through the proper application of GICW production standards: sorting, preparing and pricing items for sale.
- Ensure that balanced production goals are met or exceeded on a consistent basis.
- Ensure maximum sales performance through proper stock rotation, merchandising, signage, proper identification of e-Com merchandise, and inventory levels of new and used goods.
- Ensure that store meets or exceeds sales goals on a consistent basis.
- Ensure that store is presenting quality customer service in a timely and courteous manner to all shoppers, donors and employees.
- Ensure proper maintenance and appearance of the entire facility, both interior and exterior, including but not limited to production, sales floor and restrooms.
- Assist the Store Manager in hiring, training, evaluating and managing store personnel so as to provide an efficient and effective work force.
- Responsible for timely intervention, discipline and appropriate documentation for all employees.
- Comply with GICW employment practices and EEO guidelines and policies.
- Keep premises clean and free of safety hazards. Ensure that safety procedures are understood and followed by all staff and store employees.
- Ensure all loss prevention matters are reported, investigated and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper operation of store security including, but not limited to: new and used goods, door locks, alarms, office door, bank deposits, refunds, safe, and incident reports.
- Ensure proper cash handling, enforcement of cash register procedures and submission of required reports.
- Follows proper new goods procedure by correctly processing, securing and inventorying to ensure store shrink is at or below company average.
- Other duties as assigned.
Long Term Services (LTS)
The Incidental Functions listed below pertain to retail stores that have participants in the assigned location:
- Assist participants with behavior issues.
- Comply with all CARF standards.
- Provide backup coverage to the Integration Specialist as requested.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Minimum five years’ experience in retail field, and three years in a supervisory capacity or BA/BS degree.
- Sufficient knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting to maintain store records.
- Prior profit and loss, sales or cost management accountability.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Must exhibit a high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Must successfully complete GICW’s Cashier Certification class.
- Must provide own transportation as required.
- Must maintain consistent, predictable and satisfactory attendance and punctuality as scheduled.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
- Must not present a significant current risk of substantial harm to self or others in the performance of the essential duties of the job that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation.
- No record or disclosure of criminal conviction that indicates a tendency toward theft, violence, dishonesty, deceit, drug manufacture or sale, moral turpitude, or predatory behavior or is otherwise in conflict with the functions listed on this job description. This may include passing a state-mandated, federally-conducted criminal background check.
- Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in the United States of America.
- Must pass a drug screening test and background check.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must meet GICW quantitative and qualitative performance standards.
- Supervisors, Production Associates, Cashiers, Integration Specialists and SDA’s. In retail stores who have participants in the assigned location, may supervise participants in the absence of the Integration Specialists.
- Work is performed in a retail and production setting.
- May be exposed to dust.
- Long periods of mobility and moving of merchandise.
- Retail store supervisors are subject to transfer to other locations within the GICW system.
- May be exposed to program participants with unpredictable behavior.
- High adaptability required: Work environment usually hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification: Medium
Click "Apply" to submit your resume today!