Public Relations Manager
Job Title: Public Relations Manager
Worksite: Grand Forks Senior Center, 620 4th Ave. South, Grand Forks, ND 58201
Work Schedule: 36-40 hrs/week; Building hours Monday-Thursday 8 am-4:30 pm and 8 am-1:30 pm Fridays
Usual Days Off: Saturdays and Sundays
Hours of work may change when working exhibits, speaking engagements or as the workload and position evolves
Education: Bachelor's degree required and 3 years management experience preferred, but will consider experience. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud required.
Salary Range $30-34/hour, depending on experience with full benefit package.
Non-Exempt Management Level Position. Reports to Executive Director. Direct management oversight for two staff positions (Customer Service and Information Technology)
Remote work is not available, must be on site
The Grand Forks Senior Center (GFSC) is looking for a creative, outgoing, well-organized and professional person to join our public relations department. Our current PR Manager is moving to the Activity Manager position. The GF Senior Center works with individuals over the age of 60 still living in their home setting and their family members. Founded in 1955, the GF Senior Center provides a wide range of services and programs to older adults to assist them in remaining as independent as possible in their home setting. A team of 26 staff serve over 4,000 seniors a year in Grand Forks and Nelson counties.
* Gathers information, conducts interviews, write/creates/edits content, design layouts, and distributes print publications including the monthly newsletter, quarterly donor newsletter, annual report and other marketing materials as needed. Provides ad guidance for advertisers. View these publications on the GFSC website at gfseniorcenter.org/publications.
* Creates/schedules digital content, including posts/short videos for social media, digital signage screens and updating the GFSC digital calendar.
* Coordination of exhibitor booth materials. May set-up and work occasional promotional event.
* Creates invitations/press releases/calendars to distribute to local media, churches, and organizations in Grand Forks and Nelson counties.
* Conceptualizes/Designs print collateral including brochures, posters, name tags, invitations, tickets, and other supporting materials for events.
* Coordinates advertising and works with various media sources to promote the GFSC.
* Assists with special projects as needed.
* Work Special and assist with events and special projects as a manager if needed.
* Writes media invitations, press releases, and puts together monthly calendar to send out to local media. Places paid advertising when appropriate. This position is the face of the GFSC and will speak for the GFSC in the media.
* Responsible for website updates, using template-based software (Squarespace) (no HTML coding required).
* Provides facility tours (once a month, as scheduled and as needed).
* Presents GFSC information to service clubs and other groups and businesses in the community; Works with the Development Officer to host Community Champions, a semi-annual program which brings awareness in the community and to local businesses for the Meals on Wheels and Home Delivered Meals programs.
* One of the GFSC photographers, and will organize GFSC photo archive.
* Designs and mails the annual membership mailing.
* Provides written monthly update for Board.
* Develops annual public relations budget.
* Provides coverage for customer service desk as needed for lunch breaks, vacations and sick days.
* Provides direct supervision for the Customer Service Representatives (one full and) and Information Technology (flex position).
* Provides input for the strategic planning process, and implements the strategic plan.
* Fulfills manager-on-duty coverage for the building on an as-needed basis.
* Delivers the Silver Express newsletter to community locations.
* Provides tech assistance to staff in-house in the absence of the IT person.
* Teaches simple tech classes to senior population (past topics include: Smart TV basics, cell phone photography, Facebook basics).
* Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills. Fluency of the English language is required.
* Math skills are required. A high rate of accuracy is a must.
* Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word). High attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
* Experience with CRM software is a plus.
* Valid driver's license, current auto insurance and access to personal vehicle is required.
* Must have the ability to develop rapport with older adults and their family members, co-workers, volunteers, community members, and other agencies/businesses.
* Must have the ability to handle customer requests and complaints in a calm, tactful, friendly manner. Must also be kind, and considerate of clients with mental confusion and physical abilities.
* Experience working with senior citizens preferred.
* This position is front and center for our organization. Strong customer service skills are a must.
All applications must be received by 4 pm on June 7, 2023 for consideration.
Providing Opportunities for Older Adults to Live to Their Full Potential