Communication & Technology Coordinator
Job Title: Communication & Technology Coordinator
Worksite: Grand Forks Senior Center, 620 4th Ave. South, Grand Forks, ND 58201
Work Schedule: 36-40 hrs/week; Building hours Monday-Thursday 8 am-4:30 pm and 8 am-1:30 pm Fridays
Usual Days Off: Saturdays and Sundays
Remote Work NOT available. Must be on-site
Education/Experience: Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, communications or graphic design preferred.
Reports to Activity & PR Manager
Salary Range $25 (no bachelor's degree)- $28/hour (Bachelor degree or extensive experience) with full benefit package.
The Grand Forks Senior Center (GFSC) is looking for a creative, outgoing, well-organized and professional person to join our public relations department. The GF Senior Center works with individuals over the age of 60 still living in their home setting and their family members. Founded in 1955, the GF Senior Center provides a wide range of services and programs to older adults to assist them in remaining as independent as possible in their home setting. A team of 26 staff serve over 4,000 seniors a year in Grand Forks and Nelson counties.
* Gathers information, conducts interviews, creates/edits content, design layouts, and distributes print publications including the monthly newsletter, quarterly donor newsletter, annual report and other marketing materials as needed. View these publications on the GFSC website at gfseniorcenter.org/publications .
* Creates/schedules content, including short videos for social media, digital signage and the GFSC digital calendar.
* Coordination of exhibitor booth materials. May set-up and work occasional promotional event.
* Creates invitations/press releases/calendars to distribute to local media, churches, and organizations in Grand Forks and Nelson counties.
* Coordinates advertising for the GFSC.
* Assists with special projects as needed.
* Responsible for website updates, using template-based software (Squarespace) (no HTML coding required).
* Provides facility tours (once a month, as scheduled and as needed).
* One of the GFSC photographers. Assist in organization of photo archive.
* Provides coverage for customer service desk from 11 am-1 pm Monday-Thursday; 8 am-1:30 pm on Fridays and as needed for vacations and sick days.
* Provides basic tech assistance 1 on 1 for seniors (examples include: how to use email, how to use Facebook, adding applications, how to use a smart watch).
* Is one of the staff that provides tech assistance to staff in the absence of the IT person.
* Works with the Activity and Public Relations Manager to teach simple technology classes for seniors (past topics include: Smart TV basics, cell phone photography, Facebook basics)
* Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills. Fluency of the English language is required.
* Basic math skills are required. A high rate of accuracy is a must.
* Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word). High attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
* Valid driver's license, current auto insurance and access to personal vehicle is required.
* Must have the ability to develop rapport with older adults and their family members, co-workers, volunteers, community members, and other agencies/businesses.
* Must have the ability to handle customer requests and complaints in a calm, tactful, friendly manner. Must also be kind, and considerate of clients with mental confusion and physical abilities.
* Experience working with senior citizens preferred.
* This position is front and center for our organization. Strong customer service skills are a must.
All applications must be received by 4 pm on June 7, 2023 for consideration.