The Sales Director is responsible for meeting or exceeding move-in goals and creating and maintaining a positive image of the property with residents, the community, and referral sources. The Sales Director must be knowledgeable of the sales process and show evidence of the ability to run a sales department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Management of the Sales & Marketing Department
- Directly supervises members of the sales & marketing department.
- Ensures that all sales staff meet company standards of sales performance.
- Provides outstanding sales leadership and management skills to ensure top performance by all members of the department. Leads by example.
- Ensures that the marketing department meets or exceeds all expectations for achieving move-in goals. This includes maintaining an appropriate pipeline of leads from all main sources (professionals, resident referrals, and Five Star website).
- Works closely with the Executive Director and Regional Director of Sales & Marketing in the development and execution of the sales & marketing plan.
- Meets or exceeds the sales activity standards as determined by the Regional Director of Sales & Marketing. These sales activity standards include quotas for daily telephone lead base follow up calls, appointments, on-site and off-site sales activities, and other sales related performance metrics.
- Demonstrates excellent sales skills through: Establishing and maintaining client relationships; Discovery of client’s needs and desires with the community’s products and services; Closing and post-sales activities. Uses good listening techniques and demonstrates exceptional customer service.
- Completes and maintains the Five Star CRM (Salesforce) for all potential residents and referral contacts within 24 hours of time of activity. This includes documentation of all completed and scheduled sales activities, including move-ins and move-outs.
- Plans, coordinates and hosts events for the lead base and professionals and sales related resident events to increase traffic in the community.
- Demonstrates proficiency in pulling, analyzing and completing sales reports.
- Interprets and implements management policies.
- Provides regular in-services and orientation training to all front line and management staff.
- Maintains an active, working knowledge of current competition and any new entrants or changes in the market.
- Attends all required training, in-services, and staff meetings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with professionals to create community awareness and drive occupancy.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the community’s digital presence. This includes search engine optimization methods as well as updating time sensitive material on the Five Star website.
- May be required to participate in the Manager On Duty Program*.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs and schedules of prospects. This may require evening and weekend availability. May be required to work a Tuesday – Saturday or a Sunday – Thursday schedule, depending upon coverage needs.
- As Manager On Duty, must be able to make sound strategic and operational decisions that directly impact the business of the community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and contact management software applications.
- Excellent time, organization & priority management skills.
- Meets or exceeds budgetary controls.
- Displays enthusiastic leadership and a strong desire to succeed.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families and co-workers at all times.
- Must have reliable transportation and driving record must meet the requirements of the Driver Qualifications policy.
- Ability to work under stress and to function effectively with interruptions.
- Adheres to all Five Star policies and procedures.
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous sales experience required, preferably in the Senior Living industry with significant level of responsibility and accountability for goal achievement.
- Experience working with seniors preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to speak and write effectively to present information, solutions and benefits.
- Ability to sell effectively and to close transactions.
- Ability to articulate our products, services, solutions and value to prospects and professional referral partners.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from the use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate verbally with an excellent comprehension of the English language.
*Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in the position.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those a Team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to see with reasonable acuity and appropriate accommodation, full field of vision and be able to distinguish depth.
- Ability to move about with reasonable accommodation, reach, turn, twist, touch and bend.
- Ability to hear normal levels with accommodation and tolerate occasional loud noises.
- Subject to frequent interruptions. Must be able to deal well with multiple issues and tasks at one time.
Exposure Risk: Is subject to potential exposure to infectious waste, disease, conditions, etc., including, but not limited to, TB, HIV and Hepatitis B.