Digital Content Coordinator
Digital Content Coordinator
SALARY: $1,571.42 - $1,751.00 Biweekly; $40,857.00 - $45,526.00 Annually
DEPARTMENT: GENERAL GOVERNMENT
OPENING DATE: 06/20/22
CLOSING DATE: 07/20/22 05:00 PM
The City of Wentzville is seeking a full time Digital Content Coordinator.
In recent years, the City has been the only municipality named to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Top Workplaces list. This list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey, which measures several aspects of workplace culture, including how employees feel about pay, benefits, managers and leadership – just to name a few.
Under general supervision from the Community Relations Manager, this position supports the City’s digital content strategy across all platforms. This position works to build the City’s brand through visual design and storytelling. Assigned tasks include developing, writing, editing, updating, managing, disseminating, monitoring, analyzing and generally furthering the City’s public communications on multiple digital and electronic media outlets, while supporting the communications and community relations efforts of the City.
Wentzville’s leadership is committed to being a regional destination, ensuring economic vitality, providing industry-leading services, optimizing the City’s infrastructure, and being a safe, inclusive and engaged community. Wentzville employees serve an integral role in integrating these five critical success factors into their everyday jobs. The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 holidays, two floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a discounted recreation center membership and much more! Complete an application for an opportunity to join a work environment with a strong sense of place, potential for growth and resources for success.
Complete an application for an opportunity to join a work environment with a strong sense of place, potential for growth and resources for success.
ESSENTIAL & ANCILLARY JOB DUTIES:
Essential Job Duties
- Generates timely and frequent content for the City’s social media accounts, website, etc., by developing and coordinating quality copy/visuals, and gathering news, information, interviews and photos.
- Coordinates and creates high-quality, engaging videos, animation and graphics for public and internal communications that are audience appropriate, culturally competent and equity-based.
- Develops, implements, updates and maintains a strong digital presence for the City — both internally and externally.
- Participates in the integration of new initiatives related to web, public communication focused messaging and outreach, and digital content. This may include eNewsletters, text messaging, web-based applications, surveys and more.
- The ideal candidate will be a skilled writer and personable communicator who is comfortable working with various departments and stakeholders.
- Proactively identifies important initiatives and events in Wentzville, which require content creation.
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders, staff and department leaders, to remain aware of important news, developments and initiatives.
- Researches best practices, emerging technology or other trends, and proposes new digital communications initiatives.
- Attends City events and utilizes technology and audio/visual tools to improve outreach to citizens to create stories and informational pieces, promoting City programs, events and services.
- Coordinates the regular review of all web pages, designs and features of the website to ensure they are accurate, consistent, interactive, accessible, easily navigable, visually appealing, and that they reflect a positive image of the City of Wentzville.
- Coordinates with the Communications Specialist to create educational, fun and informative campaigns using multiple communication channels to reach the intended audience.
- Performs still-photography duties including headshots, photo shoots and event photography.
- Provides support for the customer relations team and fulfills administrative duties as needed.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Attends evening and/or weekend meetings/events; ability to work a flexible schedule as required
- Assist with special projects and a wide range of communications and other tasks as needed or assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Job Qualifications – Education, experience, and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design, videography, visual arts or a design-related field required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience including a proven record of success with digital communications, marketing, graphic design and video creation required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Experience with G-Suite/Microsoft Office Suite, graphic design applications such as Adobe Creative Suite:
- Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Canva, website content management software, etc. required.
- Experience in a public sector/government environment is desired.
- Experience operating audio/video equipment is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Working knowledge of video, graphic design and marketing communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes occasional evenings, weekends, holidays and special events.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Primarily an indoor work environment.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for significant periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to perform repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movements.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The City of Wentzville makes every effort to fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The City of Wentzville is a drug and alcohol free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions. The City of Wentzville participates in E-Verify.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd
Wentzville, MO 63385