Multimedia Sales Consultant
Chattanooga Publishing Company (representing several media product lines including the Chattanooga Times Free Press and Chatter | Edge | Get Out | My Chattanooga magazines) is looking for a Multimedia Sales Consultant to join our dynamic Advertising Team of sales professionals.
Who Are We … and How Would You Fit In?
As a media company with a long history of informing and connecting Chattanooga's readers, leaders and businesses, Chattanooga Publishing is well-known and well-received by the community. Our reputation and dependability have created strong relationships across our media product lines.
These deeply-rooted relationships are the valuable avenues our advertisers rely on us to provide, in sharing their products and services with consumers. Our team of Multimedia Sales Consultants serve as advisors and facilitators for getting advertisers involved with the right media to work best for their goals.
Summary of Job:
We are seeking a motivated, outgoing, and confident sales consultant to join our growing team and drive sales for our business. As a Multimedia Sales Consultant, you will act as a liaison between our business and the customer in order to establish trust, increase product solutions knowledge, and drive more sales for our company through helping clients with their needs. Experience is not necessary but would be a great benefit to jump-starting activity.
As a company, we offer:
- An extensive portfolio of digital and traditional product platforms to work with
- A fun and collaborative environment of supported sales team productivity
- Excellent benefits and salary compensation, aligned with industry structure and applicant experience.
If this seems a good fit for your skills and work interest, please apply today.
More About this Position
Sales Consultant Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedule sales appointments with current and prospective customers
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge and educate customers about the products
- Generate and track new leads to continue expanding the reach of the business
- Identify ways to market products to new consumers, including identifying new target markets
- Uphold relationships with clients to ensure they remain satisfied, that their questions are answered, and professional needs are met
- Collaborate with the marketing department to develop and implement new sales strategies
- Meet with other associates and multimedia sales consultants to discuss innovative ways to effectively sell to customers
- Constantly seek new ways to make products more attractive to current and prospective customers
- Actively participate in training sessions, role playing and certification programs to grow knowledge and expertise
- Demonstrate advanced sales knowledge, and stay up to date on all company policies and procedures
- Utilize sales analysis tools to understand customer dynamics, identify opportunities and threats to create action plans to meet sales goals
- Maintain CRM records for building book of business, customer order potential, status of sales in progress and provide feedback to management on a regular basis.
Sales Consultant Skills:
- Passion for relationship selling
- Confident, friendly, and outgoing personality
- Customer service-oriented attitude
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and customers
- Resilience, persistence, and a willingness to cope with rejection
- Excellent organization and time management capabilities, detail-oriented
- Thrive as an individual and as part of a team
- Reliable transportation for outside sales calls
Education and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degrees are preferred plus 1-3 years of experience working in a sales environment of customer service/sales capacity
- Experience with web applications or in a web environment a plus, understanding/knowledge of digital media
- Track record of self-managing tasks from start to finish
Knowledge, Soft Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, ability to function in a detailed work environment and work independently.
- Well organized, solid time management skills and solid written/oral communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of customers, as well as all levels of employees, including management
- Computer skills are required (Microsoft Word, Excel and proficiency with the Internet is mandatory)
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. Job results and criteria are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. Employees have the responsibility of notifying their Supervisor and Human Resources of any disability that may require their position or responsibilities to be modified.
Chattanooga Publishing / Chattanooga Times Free Press is an Equal Opportunity Employer